When it comes to healthy hair, it's not just what you put on your tresses that count ... it's what you put in your body, too.
Your hair not only forms one of the important aspects of your personality, but also reflects your general health. It is very much vulnerable to the stresses and strains of your everyday life and also gets affected by the type and quality of food that you eat. If you are not taking care of yourself and you are following an unhealthy diet, your hair will tend to lose its shine and bounce and become extremely dull and brittle. You should consume a healthy diet and indulge in regular exercise to ensure that your hair follicles get enough blood and your hair remains healthy.
Find out more about hair care, with the tips given below.
Healthy Hair Tips
• Before washing your hair, always brush/comb it. It will help remove any dirt and dead skin cells from your scalp and hair, while shampooing.
• Massage your scalp at least once in a week with either oil or a hair mask. Keep the oil or mask on overnight and wash your hair in the morning.
• Use lukewarm warm for washing your hair and for the final rinse, try using cool water for shine.
• Avoid using hair dryers and straightening irons as much as you can. Rather, squeeze the wet hair; blot it with a towel and then let it air-dry.
• Never use a brush in your hair when it is wet, try to let it dry first. Always use a wide tooth comb in wet hair as this causes less breakage.
• Cut down on refined, processed and canned foods. Stick to fresh food items as much as possible.
• Get your hair trimmed every six to eight weeks, so as to prevent and to also get rid of existing split ends.